The packaging industry is ever-changing and always looking for new ways to improve the way products are delivered to consumers. Corrugated boxes are considered to be an integral part of the packaging that helps the packaging manufacturers to accurately deliver the products to the customers. What if these corrugated boxes will get crushed by their edges? It will definitely lead to the loss of the product and damage to the reputation among your customers. Thus, it is important for packaging manufacturers to determine the edge-wise compression strength of boxes. To make it easy for the packaging manufacturers to determine the edge crush strength, we have designed the Presto edge crush tester digital model.
This is one of the high-quality lab testing equipment that has been based on a microprocessor display and determines the accurate compression strength of the testing specimen. With its strong gripping clamps and bright LED display, one can easily view the testing results of the specimen with ease.
Here in this blog, we are going to provide you with information about how you can easily determine the edge crush strength of the materials with the help of the Presto ECT tester. We will also discuss brief information about the use of corrugated boxes in the packaging industry and why they are tested against edge compression.
What is the use of the corrugated box in the packaging industry?
Corrugated boxes are a type of packaging that is made from cardboard that has been fluted or corrugated to add strength and durability. This type of packaging is often used for shipping heavier items or products that need extra protection during shipping. While there are many benefits of using corrugated boxes for packaging, the demand for corrugated boxes has increased over the years.
The corrugated box is a highly versatile packaging option that offers many benefits for both businesses and consumers. For businesses, corrugated boxes are an economical packaging choice that can be used for a variety of applications. They are also easily customizable, which allows businesses to create branded packaging that reflects their company’s image. For consumers, corrugated boxes offer the convenience of being able to recycle them or reuse them for other purposes.
Testing the edge crush strength of these boxes is an important part of quality control so that customers will get accurate products delivered. Thus, we at Presto being the leader of lab testing instruments has designed a digital edge crush tester that is useful in testing the edge-wise compression strength of materials with ease.
Let us discuss brief information about this lab testing equipment.
All about Presto Edge Crush Tester Digital Model
Corrugated boxes portability and durability make them ideal for a wide variety of purposes, from storing and transporting goods to protecting fragile items during shipping. But what if your boxes aren’t strong enough to withstand the rigors of shipping? What if they collapse under the weight of the contents, or worse, break open and spill their contents onto the ground? Testing the edge compression strength of your boxes is one way to ensure that they will be able to stand up to the demands of shipping. Thus, with the use of the Presto RCT/FCT/EDGE Crush Tester digital model, one can easily test the boxes against edge compression and ensure quality materials will be delivered to the customers.
This testing instrument has been embedded with high-quality features that make them the ideal choice for most packaging product manufacturers. You can read more on the need of testing the edge compression strength of corrugated boxes.
Features of Presto Edge crush tester digital model
- Simple and accurate read-out on a digital display
- Electronic Force measurement by the Load
- Key lock prevents accidental or unauthorized resetting
- Electro-mechanical Loading System
- Sophisticated Electronic Controls for precision and easy operation
- Competence with Peak-Hold
- Microprocessor-based display for accurate test results
- Separate fixtures for ring crush, edge crush, and flat crush test
- Highly accurate test results under a compression force
- Strong gripping clamps
- Bright LED display
- Inbuilt calibration facility
- Feather touch controls
Technical Specifications of Presto edge crush tester
- Capacity:100 Kgf
- Least Count: 0.01 Kgf
- Accuracy: ±2% at Full Load (with master load)
- Speed : 12.5±2.5mm/min
- Power Requirement: AC 220V, 50Hz, single phase
- Standard: IS 7063 – 2
With these features and technical specifications, one can easily determine the edge crush strength of corrugated boxes and ensure that an accurate product will be delivered to the customers. This lab testing equipment is easy to use and install. You can read more on how you can easily test your boxes for their edge crush strength.
Now, let us discuss the advantages of Presto ECT tester
Top 4 advantages of using Presto ECT tester in the packaging industry
There are many different ways to test the strength of a box, but one of the most important tests is the edge-wise compression strength test. This test measures the amount of force that a box can withstand before its edges will collapse. The results of this test can help determine whether a box is suitable for its intended purpose.
There are many advantages paper and packaging manufacturers will get with the use of this lab testing equipment. We have listed the advantages of this lab testing equipment below.
- Using Presto ECT tester will help the manufacturers to easily conduct different quality tests, like ring crush, flat crush, and edge crush test on the corrugated boxes. This will help the packaging manufacturers to ensure that quality products will be delivered to the customers.
- Testing the edge crush strength of boxes will also help the manufacturers to identify potential problems with products or structures before they are used.
- ECT tester will also help to reduce the cost of materials, as they can easily be tested beforehand. Thus, there will be no chance of product damage during shipping and transportation.
- By using the Presto edge crush tester, users can easily ensure that boxes are strong and sturdy to deliver the products accurately to the customers.
You can read more about the advantages of using Presto ECT tester here. If you want to know more about this quality lab testing equipment, then you can give us a call at +91 9210903903 or email us at [email protected] Our team of technical experts will consult you regarding all your needs and queries.